Community - American Football Management Simulator
AdBlocker active? It seems you are using software to block advertisements. You could help us if you could switch it off when visiting redzoneaction.org. The reason is very simple: Advertisements help us running the site, to offer you the game in a good quality for free. So if you like the game, please support us by purchasing a Supporter Account or disabling the AdBlocker on this site. Thank you very much!
Main / Rookie Area / NOOB Questions About Formations Search Forum
Navigation: |<   <   1  2  3  4  5  6 7  >   >|  
Poster Message
4 Aces
posted: 2023-07-14 01:46:18 (ID: 100175387) Report Abuse
michaeltodd wrote:
Does the Safety Blitz work? I'm not sure if I've ever seen one for a successful sack? Thanks!


Yes, over the seasons ive had several safety sacks. Only 1 this season mainly because my safeties are not up to par yet.
Quote   Reply   Edit  
michaeltodd
Hemet Hooligans

Usa   michaeltodd owns a supporter account

Joined: 2020-03-31/S38
Posts: 244
Top Manager



 
posted: 2023-07-19 01:39:40 (ID: 100175460) Report Abuse
Thanks!
Quote   Reply   Edit  
G4ngsta
Gangsta

Scotland

Joined: 2023-05-26/S51
Posts: 350
Senior Manager



 
posted: 2023-07-20 19:24:02 (ID: 100175487)  Edits found: 1 Report Abuse
michaeltodd wrote:
Does the Safety Blitz work? I'm not sure if I've ever seen one for a successful sack? Thanks!
I had one today in SuperCup 2nd Q- near end of

Last edited on 2023-07-20 19:28:11 by G4ngsta

Quote   Reply   Edit  
rlawrence
posted: 2024-03-18 20:27:17 (ID: 100182339) Report Abuse
okay, from my game today (i'm still using basic playbook for now while learning, my match was against a bot)

"1 and 10 to go on own 43, Ville Haapalainen (OC) snaps the ball to Ricardo Correia (QB), Ricardo Correia (QB) selected Kristian Nørgaard (WR/R) as target, Owen Chambers (DE/R) breaks through the line, Ikaros Kallas (FB/C) blocks, the receiver of this inner right pass catches the ball, there is no defensive back around to tackle him, the result is a 57 yards pass, touchdown"

so my defense breaks down here with 'there is no defensive back around (note, per the game report it was a wishbone vs 533). Does this mean my formation is poor, or more likely a player failed in some aspect?
Quote   Reply   Edit  
punch drunk
Jäger

Usa

Joined: 2014-12-05/S15
Posts: 1571
Top Manager



 
posted: 2024-03-18 20:35:27 (ID: 100182340)  Edits found: 1 Report Abuse
rlawrence wrote:
okay, from my game today (i'm still using basic playbook for now while learning, my match was against a bot)

"1 and 10 to go on own 43, Ville Haapalainen (OC) snaps the ball to Ricardo Correia (QB), Ricardo Correia (QB) selected Kristian Nørgaard (WR/R) as target, Owen Chambers (DE/R) breaks through the line, Ikaros Kallas (FB/C) blocks, the receiver of this inner right pass catches the ball, there is no defensive back around to tackle him, the result is a 57 yards pass, touchdown"

so my defense breaks down here with 'there is no defensive back around (note, per the game report it was a wishbone vs 533). Does this mean my formation is poor, or more likely a player failed in some aspect?


If you were 5-3-3 and runD you were definitely caught in the wrong situation.

5-3-3 is not a real capable pass Defense other than short short yardage anyway. You only have 1 safety on the field.

Last edited on 2024-03-18 20:36:48 by punch drunk

Quote   Reply   Edit  
JohnHW
Leadhills Wonderers

Scotland   JohnHW owns a supporter account

Joined: 2023-03-15/S51
Posts: 205
Top Manager



 
posted: 2024-03-18 20:41:21 (ID: 100182341) Report Abuse
To support punch drunk, 5-3-3 is a defense that is often excellent, but sometimes dreadful in that it either stops them dead or, on a bad day, they go long for the TD. Sort of all or nothing. There are no perfect formations (though 4-3-4 may be the worst if you are caught in run defense and they pass).
Quote   Reply   Edit  
Chrill
HAMBURG SEA LIONS

Germany   Chrill owns a supporter account

Joined: 2022-08-07/S48
Posts: 802
Top Manager



 
posted: 2024-03-18 20:41:45 (ID: 100182342) Report Abuse
Both. The 5-3-3 formation is prone to get beaten by long passing plays, and your players were individually worse than those of your opponent. The Mariners went bot not that long ago and there are still good players on the team, as the regression to a regular bot-team goes gradually. On this play a 3.5*-QB passed the ball to a 3.5*-WR, so their individual strength compared to your backfield probably made a difference.

You still won, though, so congrats

And welcome to RZA
Quote   Reply   Edit  
rlawrence
posted: 2024-03-18 21:03:11 (ID: 100182344) Report Abuse
thanks! and so yeah, really digging into the playbooks for the first time, can definatly see the weakness of the standard

wishbone, run 533, wishbone pass 335 .... so help me frame this in terms of real life. this is simulating that my defense will 'guess' if he's going to run or pass, and play that defensive formation accordingly?


also, question 2. I kicked a field goal at the end of the 2nd quarter on 2nd down with 52 seconds to go. i checked default and it's set of <1 minute. how much clock run off is there in the sim? should i switch that to <30sec, or even lower?
Quote   Reply   Edit  
G4ngsta
Gangsta

Scotland

Joined: 2023-05-26/S51
Posts: 350
Senior Manager



 
posted: 2024-03-18 22:37:07 (ID: 100182346) Report Abuse
rlawrence wrote:
thanks! and so yeah, really digging into the playbooks for the first time, can definatly see the weakness of the standard

wishbone, run 533, wishbone pass 335 .... so help me frame this in terms of real life. this is simulating that my defense will 'guess' if he's going to run or pass, and play that defensive formation accordingly?


also, question 2. I kicked a field goal at the end of the 2nd quarter on 2nd down with 52 seconds to go. i checked default and it's set of <1 minute. how much clock run off is there in the sim? should i switch that to <30sec, or even lower?
0.10 seconds of play
Quote   Reply   Edit  
ptdoc2017
Sunrise City Prairie Dogs

Usa   ptdoc2017 owns a supporter account

Joined: 2017-05-16/S25
Posts: 935
Top Manager



 
posted: 2024-03-18 23:14:25 (ID: 100182347) Report Abuse
rlawrence wrote:
wishbone, run 533, wishbone pass 335 .... so help me frame this in terms of real life. this is simulating that my defense will 'guess' if he's going to run or pass, and play that defensive formation accordingly?

You have to indicate if you are preparing for pass or run, but let's say you said pass when your opponent uses wishbone. But then your opponent runs it three times in a row in wishbone (I think, maybe it's four). On the next play they are in wishbone, your defense will switch to run.

rlawrence wrote:
also, question 2. I kicked a field goal at the end of the 2nd quarter on 2nd down with 52 seconds to go. i checked default and it's set of <1 minute. how much clock run off is there in the sim? should i switch that to <30sec, or even lower?

It depends. If you are leading, it takes like 27-32 seconds to run a play. If you are behind, and there's less than 1:15 in the 2nd or 4th quarter, it takes like 16-20 seconds to run a play
Quote   Reply   Edit  
reply   Mark this thread unread
Navigation: |<   <   1  2  3  4  5  6 7  >   >|  
Main / Rookie Area / NOOB Questions About Formations