Community - American Football Management Simulator
AdBlocker active? It seems you are using software to block advertisements. You could help us if you could switch it off when visiting redzoneaction.org. The reason is very simple: Advertisements help us running the site, to offer you the game in a good quality for free. So if you like the game, please support us by purchasing a Supporter Account or disabling the AdBlocker on this site. Thank you very much!
Main / Rookie Area / NOOB Questions About Finances and Managing Facilities Search Forum
Navigation: |<   <   1  2  3 12  13  14  >   >|  
Poster Message
HH_KMN
KMN Mandalorians

Germany   HH_KMN owns a supporter account

Joined: 2022-01-21/S46
Posts: 199
Top Manager



 
posted: 2022-06-27 15:38:19 (ID: 100167819) Report Abuse
michaeltodd wrote:
When is the transfer market open for season 48?


it is already open
Quote   Reply   Edit  
pete
H2TAGIT4Q

Europe   pete owns a supporter account   pete is a Knight of RedZoneAction.org

Joined: 2011-09-01/S00
Posts: 20571
Top Manager



 
posted: 2022-06-27 15:38:54 (ID: 100167820) Report Abuse
since yesterday
Quote   Reply   Edit  
Captain Jack
posted: 2022-07-22 14:26:27 (ID: 100168201)  Edits found: 1 Report Abuse
As some may know I posted under Suggestions on the topic of Financial Difficulty having received a warning myself and trying to help future managers. My feeling was that once one gets into difficulty it is like being in a pit and trying to dig yourself out the hole just gets deeper.

Having played the game for a number of years arguably I should not have got into this situation. However, having had tons of cash I paid scant attention to finances. It's like a millionaire receiving a few car parking fines - what's the problem?

Anyway I have now got things under control, I believe, as I have had no further warnings and actually have a positive cash balance. This brings me to my question which shows a complete lack of understanding of how finances work.

Under the Economy tab my cash balance is $9,695,771. However, my balance for this week is showing as -$6,220,920. Last week my balance was around $7,000,000 and of that I paid $2,000,000 into the mediacenter. So by my calculations my cash balance would be -$1,220,920 That is $7,000,00 minus $2,000,000 = $5,000,00 and then my expenditure this week is $6,220,920 more than my income. So to me that equals -$1,220,920. How can I have a positive and not negative cash balance? Am I missing a very basic simple rule?

Last edited on 2022-07-22 14:27:13 by Captain Jack

Quote   Reply   Edit  
pderekdactyl
posted: 2022-07-22 19:21:07 (ID: 100168202)  Edits found: 1 Report Abuse
I believe that it shows wages coming out Sunday morning server time.

When that happens you'll have 6.6M (plus facilities and staff) less than what the balance currently says (you'll also get friendly income not anticipated by forecast).

9.6-6.6=3.0... Roughly in line with expectations.

I think

Last edited on 2022-07-23 04:12:49 by pderekdactyl

Quote   Reply   Edit  
jack6
Leverkusen Leopards

Germany   jack6 owns a supporter account   jack6 is a Knight of RedZoneAction.org

Joined: 2011-09-05/S00
Posts: 7131
Top Manager



 
posted: 2022-07-23 07:15:22 (ID: 100168203) Report Abuse
Captain Jack wrote:
As some may know I posted under Suggestions on the topic of Financial Difficulty having received a warning myself and trying to help future managers. My feeling was that once one gets into difficulty it is like being in a pit and trying to dig yourself out the hole just gets deeper.

Having played the game for a number of years arguably I should not have got into this situation. However, having had tons of cash I paid scant attention to finances. It's like a millionaire receiving a few car parking fines - what's the problem?

Anyway I have now got things under control, I believe, as I have had no further warnings and actually have a positive cash balance. This brings me to my question which shows a complete lack of understanding of how finances work.

Under the Economy tab my cash balance is $9,695,771. However, my balance for this week is showing as -$6,220,920. Last week my balance was around $7,000,000 and of that I paid $2,000,000 into the mediacenter. So by my calculations my cash balance would be -$1,220,920 That is $7,000,00 minus $2,000,000 = $5,000,00 and then my expenditure this week is $6,220,920 more than my income. So to me that equals -$1,220,920. How can I have a positive and not negative cash balance? Am I missing a very basic simple rule?

I dońt get the Problem.
You have a weekly balance which resets every update. It covers the ins and outs of that ´week´.
And you have the season balance which covers all ins and outs of the season so far.
And you have the long list of every ins and outs below that with a date.
So you can track roughly the finance flow from Last check to now. I never found errors there.

Did you really put last week more money into media center?
Because i think that only makes sense in the first 2-3 weeks and then you get into a negative invest.
Quote   Reply   Edit  
Captain Jack
posted: 2022-07-23 20:48:09 (ID: 100168208) Report Abuse
Well it doesn't make sense to me but at present I am too busy - or according to some coaches (not you) too lazy.
When I get a couple of minutes spare I will explain in more detail.


jack6 wrote:
Captain Jack wrote:
As some may know I posted under Suggestions on the topic of Financial Difficulty having received a warning myself and trying to help future managers. My feeling was that once one gets into difficulty it is like being in a pit and trying to dig yourself out the hole just gets deeper.

Having played the game for a number of years arguably I should not have got into this situation. However, having had tons of cash I paid scant attention to finances. It's like a millionaire receiving a few car parking fines - what's the problem?

Anyway I have now got things under control, I believe, as I have had no further warnings and actually have a positive cash balance. This brings me to my question which shows a complete lack of understanding of how finances work.

Under the Economy tab my cash balance is $9,695,771. However, my balance for this week is showing as -$6,220,920. Last week my balance was around $7,000,000 and of that I paid $2,000,000 into the mediacenter. So by my calculations my cash balance would be -$1,220,920 That is $7,000,00 minus $2,000,000 = $5,000,00 and then my expenditure this week is $6,220,920 more than my income. So to me that equals -$1,220,920. How can I have a positive and not negative cash balance? Am I missing a very basic simple rule?

I dońt get the Problem.
You have a weekly balance which resets every update. It covers the ins and outs of that ´week´.
And you have the season balance which covers all ins and outs of the season so far.
And you have the long list of every ins and outs below that with a date.
So you can track roughly the finance flow from Last check to now. I never found errors there.

Did you really put last week more money into media center?
Because i think that only makes sense in the first 2-3 weeks and then you get into a negative invest.
Quote   Reply   Edit  
jpnwrt
Orono Ancient Snappers

Usa   jpnwrt owns a supporter account   jpnwrt acts as Mentor for beginners

Joined: 2022-07-22/S48
Posts: 377
Top Manager



 
posted: 2022-07-24 03:48:45 (ID: 100168215) Report Abuse
Hi, Everyone. My first week in the RedZone and this is my first post here. Very first, I'd say, because it feels rather awkward learning RZA after having spent a few years playing another grid-iron theme game. So many things that seem identical at first, and then the differences pop up.

The problem I'm facing is:
If my club's stadium had the capacity of several thousand, including all vip seats that are possible to be built - would 1300 attendance mean I got 1300 (400+250+400+250=1300) vip fans? Or would these 1300 fans spread kind of evenly among vip and cheaper tickets' owners (depending on factors such as league level, team's performance, etc)?
To put it in other words - in order to avoid going bancrupt, is the optimal strategy, regarding stadium development, skipping the cheap sections and building your stadium for mercedes owners only? Or is it more like irl, and the attendance will spread among cheaper and more expensive options?

So my question is:
Are answers to questions like the one above a FOBY (Find Out By Yourself) in RZA environment? Or does posting my problem here give me a chance I will get the anser to the problem I'm facing? :-D

Cheers
Quote   Reply   Edit  
BlindLark
posted: 2022-07-24 04:04:17 (ID: 100168216) Report Abuse
jpnwrt wrote:
To put it in other words - in order to avoid going bancrupt, is the optimal strategy, regarding stadium development, skipping the cheap sections and building your stadium for mercedes owners only? Or is it more like irl, and the attendance will spread among cheaper and more expensive options?


The answer you're looking for should be here.

That said, unlike some other hypothetical grid-iron game, there is no downside to maximizing your stadium. Build it up to max as soon as you possibly can.
Quote   Reply   Edit  
jpnwrt
Orono Ancient Snappers

Usa   jpnwrt owns a supporter account   jpnwrt acts as Mentor for beginners

Joined: 2022-07-22/S48
Posts: 377
Top Manager



 
posted: 2022-07-24 06:52:50 (ID: 100168217)  Edits found: 1 Report Abuse
Thanks!!! I suspected that's where I'd find the answer, but so far only finished reading up to page number 11, and I also suspected decisions about building stadium should be made before anything else and that's why I chose this way to introduce myself to the RZA world

Also, after scrolling quickly through the part of the manual you pointed me to, I must say... at least THIS part of the engine is way better thought of, than that hypothetical other game. The more I am happy that I finally decided to try the alternative.

Well, back to looking for more good news in the manual. And to start with that stadium because it's been 2 days and nothing really happened in my club!

Seriously, once again big thank you for a quick response to the complete freshman I am.

Edited: In case it's not clear (the "at least" can be confusing) - I am really impressed with what I've found here so far. I also suspect, that the biggest advantage of RZA I will see in the depth chart idea. I just have to get familiar better with it, but to fully appreciate it I must first start using it.

Last edited on 2022-07-24 07:23:14 by jpnwrt

Quote   Reply   Edit  
pete
H2TAGIT4Q

Europe   pete owns a supporter account   pete is a Knight of RedZoneAction.org

Joined: 2011-09-01/S00
Posts: 20571
Top Manager



 
posted: 2022-07-24 09:50:55 (ID: 100168220) Report Abuse
jpnwrt wrote:
Hi, Everyone. My first week in the RedZone and this is my first post here. Very first, I'd say, ...


Welcome!
Quote   Reply   Edit  
reply   Mark this thread unread
Navigation: |<   <   1  2  3 12  13  14  >   >|  
Main / Rookie Area / NOOB Questions About Finances and Managing Facilities