Community - American Football Management Simulator
AdBlocker active? It seems you are using software to block advertisements. You could help us if you could switch it off when visiting redzoneaction.org. The reason is very simple: Advertisements help us running the site, to offer you the game in a good quality for free. So if you like the game, please support us by purchasing a Supporter Account or disabling the AdBlocker on this site. Thank you very much!
Main / Monarchs / Season 53 Search Forum
Navigation: |<   <   1  2 3  4  5  6  7  >   >|  
Poster Message
torakrid
Ruhrpott Miners

Germany   torakrid owns a supporter account

Joined: 2022-06-21/S47
Posts: 140
Top Manager



 
posted: 2023-08-26 10:58:31 (ID: 100176292) Report Abuse
Looking forward to an exciting season.
Good luck to everyone.
Let us have fun AND let the saison start.



Quote   Reply   Edit  
TigerTail42
posted: 2023-08-28 20:08:48 (ID: 100176386) Report Abuse
I beat an active team 163 to zero, something about that just doesn't seem fair
Quote   Reply   Edit  
wsfjlt
Blue Devils

Usa   wsfjlt owns a supporter account

Joined: 2023-01-24/S50
Posts: 88
Top Manager



 
posted: 2023-09-01 01:33:04 (ID: 100176493) Report Abuse
My offense is coming together nicely, just need to work on defense and I will be a force to recon with.
Quote   Reply   Edit  
torakrid
Ruhrpott Miners

Germany   torakrid owns a supporter account

Joined: 2022-06-21/S47
Posts: 140
Top Manager



 
posted: 2023-09-06 07:43:42 (ID: 100176631) Report Abuse
Four game days of the regular season have been played. But what significance do the games have so far? Some teams haven't even played against a human opponent. In the AC, 50% are BOT teams. In the NC it is "only" 25%. You can probably make a first estimate when half of the season has been played. So let's wait. Other opinions?
Quote   Reply   Edit  
jpnwrt
Orono Ancient Snappers

Usa   jpnwrt owns a supporter account   jpnwrt acts as Mentor for beginners

Joined: 2022-07-22/S48
Posts: 377
Top Manager



 
posted: 2023-09-06 08:17:20 (ID: 100176632)  Edits found: 1 Report Abuse
I haven't been in RZA long enough to have a good look at these things, but my current view is - in this game (or at least in the 1st divisions) shifts of performance from season to season are relatively small. At least at the upper echelons (in the bottom half it's much more dependent on the schedule).
I also think it's a reasonable consequence of how the game has been set up. Getting significant upgrade by transfers is not a viable option (at least for the top teams in the division). The chances of a vet manager suddenly making significant dents in the PB? Also doesn't seem likely. So for those top teams (the group I am far from being a part of ) luck (including schedule), lineup improvement/deterioration (except relatively rare situations of rebuilding on purpose), tactical changes - have a comparable impact.

Other opinions?

Last edited on 2023-09-06 08:18:52 by jpnwrt

Quote   Reply   Edit  
TigerTail42
posted: 2023-09-06 18:48:47 (ID: 100176649) Report Abuse
jpnwrt wrote:
I haven't been in RZA long enough to have a good look at these things, but my current view is - in this game (or at least in the 1st divisions) shifts of performance from season to season are relatively small. At least at the upper echelons (in the bottom half it's much more dependent on the schedule).
I also think it's a reasonable consequence of how the game has been set up. Getting significant upgrade by transfers is not a viable option (at least for the top teams in the division). The chances of a vet manager suddenly making significant dents in the PB? Also doesn't seem likely. So for those top teams (the group I am far from being a part of ) luck (including schedule), lineup improvement/deterioration (except relatively rare situations of rebuilding on purpose), tactical changes - have a comparable impact.

Other opinions?


Hi, I'm someone who went from just starting to number two seed in my conference (albiet much weaker than one of the wildcard teams) in my third season due mostly to the transfer market, free agent signing, and draft picks. I have only 2 members of my current roster that came from my Youth academy and both are backups. So I firmly disagree with your assessment.
Quote   Reply   Edit  
jpnwrt
Orono Ancient Snappers

Usa   jpnwrt owns a supporter account   jpnwrt acts as Mentor for beginners

Joined: 2022-07-22/S48
Posts: 377
Top Manager



 
posted: 2023-09-06 19:23:31 (ID: 100176651) Report Abuse
TigerTail42 wrote:
jpnwrt wrote:
I haven't been in RZA long enough to have a good look at these things, but my current view is - in this game (or at least in the 1st divisions) shifts of performance from season to season are relatively small. At least at the upper echelons (in the bottom half it's much more dependent on the schedule).
I also think it's a reasonable consequence of how the game has been set up. Getting significant upgrade by transfers is not a viable option (at least for the top teams in the division). The chances of a vet manager suddenly making significant dents in the PB? Also doesn't seem likely. So for those top teams (the group I am far from being a part of ) luck (including schedule), lineup improvement/deterioration (except relatively rare situations of rebuilding on purpose), tactical changes - have a comparable impact.

Other opinions?


Hi, I'm someone who went from just starting to number two seed in my conference (albiet much weaker than one of the wildcard teams) in my third season due mostly to the transfer market, free agent signing, and draft picks. I have only 2 members of my current roster that came from my Youth academy and both are backups. So I firmly disagree with your assessment.


Guess it was wishful thinking on my part (cuz I followed a completely different path) Congratz on having had a better sense
Quote   Reply   Edit  
TigerTail42
posted: 2023-09-06 22:24:29 (ID: 100176660) Report Abuse
jpnwrt wrote:
TigerTail42 wrote:
jpnwrt wrote:
I haven't been in RZA long enough to have a good look at these things, but my current view is - in this game (or at least in the 1st divisions) shifts of performance from season to season are relatively small. At least at the upper echelons (in the bottom half it's much more dependent on the schedule).
I also think it's a reasonable consequence of how the game has been set up. Getting significant upgrade by transfers is not a viable option (at least for the top teams in the division). The chances of a vet manager suddenly making significant dents in the PB? Also doesn't seem likely. So for those top teams (the group I am far from being a part of ) luck (including schedule), lineup improvement/deterioration (except relatively rare situations of rebuilding on purpose), tactical changes - have a comparable impact.
Other opinions?


Hi, I'm someone who went from just starting to number two seed in my conference (albiet much weaker than one of the wildcard teams) in my third season due mostly to the transfer market, free agent signing, and draft picks. I have only 2 members of my current roster that came from my Youth academy and both are backups. So I firmly disagree with your assessment.


Guess it was wishful thinking on my part (cuz I followed a completely different path) Congratz on having had a better sense


Don't get me wrong, tactics are probably the largest factor in wining games, you just need to get players that fit the tactics, something I have yet to fully master. I'm on my third tactical iteration and I could be a lot stronger if I built a better playbook, the thing is I've got the Tactical flexibility because I picked up so many good players (rather cheaply I might add) from the transfer market in my first two seasons.everyone has a different approach to achieving that roster, I like picking up old rentals and free agents, mixed with young draft picks to develop
Quote   Reply   Edit  
jpnwrt
Orono Ancient Snappers

Usa   jpnwrt owns a supporter account   jpnwrt acts as Mentor for beginners

Joined: 2022-07-22/S48
Posts: 377
Top Manager



 
posted: 2023-09-07 04:14:57 (ID: 100176663)  Edits found: 2 Report Abuse
Deal. Will get you right
Good luck with that playbook part.

ps. Regarding cheap deals via the market - transfer cost itself is not the most important part, to me. It's a player's salary. Easier to control _that_ at home, than get the right one off the TM.

Last edited on 2023-09-07 04:28:25 by jpnwrt

Quote   Reply   Edit  
jack6
Leverkusen Leopards

Germany   jack6 owns a supporter account   jack6 is a Knight of RedZoneAction.org

Joined: 2011-09-05/S00
Posts: 7131
Top Manager



 
posted: 2023-09-07 07:04:04 (ID: 100176665) Report Abuse
I think it wasn't much easier to get fast a competitive roster than now.
With the media center income and the basically small prices for free agents you can buy a team fast.
Sure, those players won't be perfect, most of the time, but you can train them fast to a certain level.

In the past few weeks I did try to sell, decent players, well trained, not perfect, and had to cut them, since no one was interested.

And with a valid roster, the team is at least playoff bound. The rest is luck and preperation.
Quote   Reply   Edit  
reply   Mark this thread unread
Navigation: |<   <   1  2 3  4  5  6  7  >   >|  
Main / Monarchs / Season 53