Community - American Football Management Simulator
AdBlocker active? It seems you are using software to block advertisements. You could help us if you could switch it off when visiting redzoneaction.org. The reason is very simple: Advertisements help us running the site, to offer you the game in a good quality for free. So if you like the game, please support us by purchasing a Supporter Account or disabling the AdBlocker on this site. Thank you very much!
Main / Galaxy / Galaxy S55 Search Forum
Navigation: |<   1 2  3  4  >   >|  
Poster Message
pete
H2TAGIT4Q

Europe   pete owns a supporter account   pete is a Knight of RedZoneAction.org

Joined: 2011-09-01/S00
Posts: 20531
Top Manager



 
posted: 2024-02-05 11:21:20 (ID: 100180989) Report Abuse
Nice one. Except one manager all you guys did pledge to the mediacenter. I love it.

Could we somehow punish this one guy, pleease?
Quote   Reply   Edit  
StuartW
Wrexham Exiles

Wales   StuartW owns a supporter account

Joined: 2023-02-21/S50
Posts: 49
Top Manager



 
posted: 2024-02-05 13:20:39 (ID: 100180992)  Edits found: 1 Report Abuse
I guess there's still time for Dnipros to commit. But if they don't and if we get a good result in week 4, my players' morale should be sky-high when we play Dnipros in week 6.

But, in any event, great to see Dnipros in Galaxy this year!

Last edited on 2024-02-05 13:21:37 by StuartW

Quote   Reply   Edit  
Radu91
Constanta Ravens

Romania   Radu91 owns a supporter account   Radu91 acts as Mentor for beginners

Joined: 2022-09-19/S48
Posts: 1340
Top Manager



 
posted: 2024-02-05 19:11:31 (ID: 100181006) Report Abuse
StuartW wrote:
I guess there's still time for Dnipros to commit. But if they don't and if we get a good result in week 4, my players' morale should be sky-high when we play Dnipros in week 6.

But, in any event, great to see Dnipros in Galaxy this year!


Send him a PM in ukrainian with the shortcut to the MediaCenter.
That is how i did it every time because he forgets. I tried to explain it to him, but i don't know how much he understood.
Good luck
Quote   Reply   Edit  
StuartW
Wrexham Exiles

Wales   StuartW owns a supporter account

Joined: 2023-02-21/S50
Posts: 49
Top Manager



 
posted: 2024-02-06 12:18:47 (ID: 100181023) Report Abuse
Does anyone else enjoy the draft? It's one of my favourite parts of the game - even though it's harder to pick up talent as your roster gets better and your picks get 'worse'.

Must be really tough for 1,000+ elo teams. I guess the draft gets less fun then?
Quote   Reply   Edit  
pete
H2TAGIT4Q

Europe   pete owns a supporter account   pete is a Knight of RedZoneAction.org

Joined: 2011-09-01/S00
Posts: 20531
Top Manager



 
posted: 2024-02-06 15:30:57 (ID: 100181032) Report Abuse
For many seasons I just sort be rating desc, and push K and P to the bottom - Draft setup done. Usually, 2 out of 3 draftees can stay with the team. But that's me only, lazy as one can be - in regards of managing my team.
Quote   Reply   Edit  
StuartW
Wrexham Exiles

Wales   StuartW owns a supporter account

Joined: 2023-02-21/S50
Posts: 49
Top Manager



 
posted: 2024-02-06 17:28:53 (ID: 100181044) Report Abuse
I like downloading the prospects to a spreadsheet and running some figures - but your method probably gives results at least as good.
Quote   Reply   Edit  
pete
H2TAGIT4Q

Europe   pete owns a supporter account   pete is a Knight of RedZoneAction.org

Joined: 2011-09-01/S00
Posts: 20531
Top Manager



 
posted: 2024-02-06 17:32:43 (ID: 100181045) Report Abuse
I doubt that this laziness pays off. I do not scout, know nothing about players, traits and so on. I do not care about age, experience, talent. Just rating. With all the flaws that come with it. I will miss the true gems this way, for sure.
Quote   Reply   Edit  
linkleo911
Rio Galaxy

Brazil

Joined: 2019-01-16/S32
Posts: 1363
Top Manager



 
posted: 2024-02-06 20:48:05 (ID: 100181058) Report Abuse
StuartW wrote:
Does anyone else enjoy the draft? It's one of my favourite parts of the game - even though it's harder to pick up talent as your roster gets better and your picks get 'worse'.

Must be really tough for 1,000+ elo teams. I guess the draft gets less fun then?


I am quite a fan. I have already suggested some "improvements" but Pete turned all down.

I used to post some reviews about the draft class and other things when I was playing in Dragons. But now I do not have enough time for such work. For this draft I have only scouted the 19 yo players and selected the best prospects. For 2nd round I will probably pick based on age, position and rate. Round 3 will be completely random as I have seed 27 or 28.

And you are right: the draft "quality" decreases with time as our teams get better. But this is still fun for me.
Quote   Reply   Edit  
StuartW
Wrexham Exiles

Wales   StuartW owns a supporter account

Joined: 2023-02-21/S50
Posts: 49
Top Manager



 
posted: 2024-02-06 20:56:00 (ID: 100181059) Report Abuse
linkleo911 wrote:
StuartW wrote:
Does anyone else enjoy the draft? It's one of my favourite parts of the game - even though it's harder to pick up talent as your roster gets better and your picks get 'worse'.

Must be really tough for 1,000+ elo teams. I guess the draft gets less fun then?


I am quite a fan. I have already suggested some "improvements" but Pete turned all down.

I used to post some reviews about the draft class and other things when I was playing in Dragons. But now I do not have enough time for such work. For this draft I have only scouted the 19 yo players and selected the best prospects. For 2nd round I will probably pick based on age, position and rate. Round 3 will be completely random as I have seed 27 or 28.

And you are right: the draft "quality" decreases with time as our teams get better. But this is still fun for me.


Did you write reviews after the draft or before? And what was your best improvement suggestion, do you think?
Quote   Reply   Edit  
JohnHW
Leadhills Wonderers

Scotland   JohnHW owns a supporter account

Joined: 2023-03-15/S51
Posts: 202
Top Manager



 
posted: 2024-02-06 23:51:34 (ID: 100181066) Report Abuse
I too go down the spreadsheet and comparison method. I try and compare how then will do in a few years and compare that to my current team. I am sure that lots of effort is wasted, but I enjoy it all the same.



The only thing that I wonder about is whether the BOT teams need to actually pick as whoever they s e l e c t is thrown away, that said, last year I got my 1st and 5th choices and the year prior it was 1st, 17th and 19th so no complaints there!
Quote   Reply   Edit  
reply   Mark this thread unread
Navigation: |<   1 2  3  4  >   >|  
Main / Galaxy / Galaxy S55