Community - American Football Management Simulator
AdBlocker active? It seems you are using software to block advertisements. You could help us if you could switch it off when visiting redzoneaction.org. The reason is very simple: Advertisements help us running the site, to offer you the game in a good quality for free. So if you like the game, please support us by purchasing a Supporter Account or disabling the AdBlocker on this site. Thank you very much!
Main / Discussions / Day 71 Search Forum
Navigation: |<   1 2  >   >|  
Poster Message
linkleo911
Rio Galaxy

Brazil

Joined: 2019-01-16/S32
Posts: 1363
Top Manager



 
posted: 2024-04-20 15:24:35 (ID: 100183182)  Edits found: 1 Report Abuse
I have posted a suggestion thread some time ago about creating a special event on day 71. On this day we do not have any official matches as it was previously used for relegation matches. The idea was refused for many reasons and I think that discussion is over.

However, I am still a bit "uncomfortable" with that day 71 being a Saturday at the "peak" of the season with no competitive matches. I came up with the idea of shifting the entire league calendar to have no gap between the conference championship game and the league bowl.

In other words: we would start the league season in the first Tuesday after the draft and let the first Saturday to play friendly games. Then, day 71 would be the Conference title gameday.

What you think about it?


P.S.: I am obviously not considering how difficult it would be to implement.

Last edited on 2024-04-20 15:24:49 by linkleo911

Quote   Reply   Edit  
Dumbarajko
Dumbarajko Elephants

Serbia   Dumbarajko owns a supporter account

Joined: 2016-04-24/S21
Posts: 1118
Top Manager



 
posted: 2024-04-20 16:43:19 (ID: 100183184) Report Abuse
linkleo911 wrote:
I have posted a suggestion thread some time ago about creating a special event on day 71. On this day we do not have any official matches as it was previously used for relegation matches. The idea was refused for many reasons and I think that discussion is over.

However, I am still a bit "uncomfortable" with that day 71 being a Saturday at the "peak" of the season with no competitive matches. I came up with the idea of shifting the entire league calendar to have no gap between the conference championship game and the league bowl.

In other words: we would start the league season in the first Tuesday after the draft and let the first Saturday to play friendly games. Then, day 71 would be the Conference title gameday.

What you think about it?


P.S.: I am obviously not considering how difficult it would be to implement.



This is all pro weekend which I hate to watch. So I am happy with a free weekend 😉
Quote   Reply   Edit  
pete
H2TAGIT4Q

Europe   pete owns a supporter account   pete is a Knight of RedZoneAction.org

Joined: 2011-09-01/S00
Posts: 20566
Top Manager



 
posted: 2024-04-20 18:35:55 (ID: 100183185) Report Abuse
In the original plan that saturday was the day of the season rollover. However, I moved the rollover one day to Sunday. In my thinking, that Saturday is not the peak of the season, but the offseason itself. The sunday then kickoff the new season with the draft, and a few days later the first gameday. I am no big fan of moving anything there. Another thing: making this saturday count, means nothing else than forcing managers to keep their rosters intact for another season, since we close anything roster related on the friday before your peak saturday
Quote   Reply   Edit  
linkleo911
Rio Galaxy

Brazil

Joined: 2019-01-16/S32
Posts: 1363
Top Manager



 
posted: 2024-04-20 22:10:59 (ID: 100183189) Report Abuse
pete wrote:
In the original plan that saturday was the day of the season rollover. However, I moved the rollover one day to Sunday. In my thinking, that Saturday is not the peak of the season, but the offseason itself.


Sorry Pete but I think we are talking about different days. I am talking about today (day 71). You are talking about the last day of the season (day 78).
Quote   Reply   Edit  
linkleo911
Rio Galaxy

Brazil

Joined: 2019-01-16/S32
Posts: 1363
Top Manager



 
posted: 2024-04-20 22:28:08 (ID: 100183190) Report Abuse
Just to make things clear here is what I am suggesting:

Day 78 (next Saturday - April 27th): Last day of season 55

Preseason day 1 (next Sunday - April 28th): Season rollover (no games during preseason)

S56 Day 1 (Wednesday - May 1st): Draft day 1 (no games during the draft)

S56 Day 4 (Saturday - May 4th): No league games, only friendly games

S56 Day 7 (Tuesday - May 7th): First league gameday

S56 Day 60 (Tuesday - July 2nd): Last regular season league game (right now scheduled as Wildcard playoff)

S56 Day 64 (Saturday - July 6th): Wildcard playoff gameday (right now scheduled as Divisional Palyoff)

S56 Day 67 (Tuesday - July 9th): Divisional palyoff (not Conference playoff)

S56 Day 71 (Saturday - July 13th): Conference playoff (not relegation game or friendly gameday)

S56 Day 74 (Tuesday - Julty 16th): Bowl (as already scheduled)



P.S.: just using S56 as an example. I know it would be impossible to change such thing so fast (if it is to change anything).
Quote   Reply   Edit  
pete
H2TAGIT4Q

Europe   pete owns a supporter account   pete is a Knight of RedZoneAction.org

Joined: 2011-09-01/S00
Posts: 20566
Top Manager



 
posted: 2024-04-21 07:22:21 (ID: 100183196) Report Abuse
linkleo911 wrote:
pete wrote:
In the original plan that saturday was the day of the season rollover. However, I moved the rollover one day to Sunday. In my thinking, that Saturday is not the peak of the season, but the offseason itself.


Sorry Pete but I think we are talking about different days. I am talking about today (day 71). You are talking about the last day of the season (day 78).


Oh, you are right. Sorry for the misleading comment.
Quote   Reply   Edit  
Radu91
Constanta Ravens

Romania   Radu91 owns a supporter account   Radu91 acts as Mentor for beginners

Joined: 2022-09-19/S48
Posts: 1402
Top Manager



 
posted: 2024-04-22 12:48:19 (ID: 100183224)  Edits found: 1 Report Abuse
linkleo911 wrote:
Just to make things clear here is what I am suggesting:
......................................
P.S.: just using S56 as an example. I know it would be impossible to change such thing so fast (if it is to change anything).


It might work.
But if Pete would do this change, then i'm throwing my hat in the ring to perhaps making a 7 team/conference playoffs

You would have to think also, there will be less days, if you wish to sell some of your players.

Last edited on 2024-04-22 12:49:39 by Radu91

Quote   Reply   Edit  
pete
H2TAGIT4Q

Europe   pete owns a supporter account   pete is a Knight of RedZoneAction.org

Joined: 2011-09-01/S00
Posts: 20566
Top Manager



 
posted: 2024-04-22 12:58:36 (ID: 100183225) Report Abuse
Radu91 wrote:
to perhaps making a 7 team/conference playoffs



Source: https://redzoneaction.org/football/images/media/6ab6c93501d78ac51591745b3fc6a314.jpg
Quote   Reply   Edit  
Radu91
Constanta Ravens

Romania   Radu91 owns a supporter account   Radu91 acts as Mentor for beginners

Joined: 2022-09-19/S48
Posts: 1402
Top Manager



 
posted: 2024-04-22 13:01:58 (ID: 100183226) Report Abuse
pete wrote:
Radu91 wrote:
to perhaps making a 7 team/conference playoffs



Source: https://redzoneaction.org/football/images/media/6ab6c93501d78ac51591745b3fc6a314.jpg


Quote   Reply   Edit  
jack6
Leverkusen Leopards

Germany   jack6 owns a supporter account   jack6 is a Knight of RedZoneAction.org

Joined: 2011-09-05/S00
Posts: 7126
Top Manager



 
posted: 2024-04-22 13:16:18 (ID: 100183227) Report Abuse
Personally, I would not do a change on shifting stuff, because this date was for the relegation games and if such games would become relevant again (you never know) the slot would be missing.

I would prefer to offer something different for all teams NOT in relegation, beside a friendly matchup, and have something 'worth' to look and play for.

I could imagine even some sort of 'play in' competion, where the playoff teams come in 1 or 2 rounds later, like the college basketball conference tournaments do it with the seating.

But that would be a bigger change.
Moneywise only friendly income, but at the end some soft of trophy or other extra.
Quote   Reply   Edit  
reply   Mark this thread unread
Navigation: |<   1 2  >   >|  
Main / Discussions / Day 71