Community - American Football Management Simulator
AdBlocker active? It seems you are using software to block advertisements. You could help us if you could switch it off when visiting redzoneaction.org. The reason is very simple: Advertisements help us running the site, to offer you the game in a good quality for free. So if you like the game, please support us by purchasing a Supporter Account or disabling the AdBlocker on this site. Thank you very much!
Main / Rookie Area / NOOB Questions About Formations Search Forum
Navigation: |<   <   1  2  3  4  5  6  7 >|  
Poster Message
G4ngsta
Gunn

Scotland   G4ngsta owns a supporter account

Joined: 2023-05-26/S51
Posts: 343
Senior Manager



 
posted: 2024-03-19 09:44:24 (ID: 100182350) Report Abuse
ptdoc2017 wrote:
rlawrence wrote:
wishbone, run 533, wishbone pass 335 .... so help me frame this in terms of real life. this is simulating that my defense will 'guess' if he's going to run or pass, and play that defensive formation accordingly?

You have to indicate if you are preparing for pass or run, but let's say you said pass when your opponent uses wishbone. But then your opponent runs it three times in a row in wishbone (I think, maybe it's four). On the next play they are in wishbone, your defense will switch to run.

rlawrence wrote:
also, question 2. I kicked a field goal at the end of the 2nd quarter on 2nd down with 52 seconds to go. i checked default and it's set of <1 minute. how much clock run off is there in the sim? should i switch that to <30sec, or even lower?

It depends. If you are leading, it takes like 27-32 seconds to run a play. If you are behind, and there's less than 1:15 in the 2nd or 4th quarter, it takes like 16-20 seconds to run a play
as you say the play gametime But as I saw the playbook goes down to 10 seconds.. I have had games go to 1 second - so you are talking about under 30 seconds for last play call?
Quote   Reply   Edit  
Radu91
Constanta Ravens

Romania   Radu91 owns a supporter account   Radu91 acts as Mentor for beginners

Joined: 2022-09-19/S48
Posts: 1266
Top Manager



 
posted: 2024-03-19 10:36:38 (ID: 100182351) Report Abuse
ptdoc2017 wrote:
rlawrence wrote:
wishbone, run 533, wishbone pass 335 .... so help me frame this in terms of real life. this is simulating that my defense will 'guess' if he's going to run or pass, and play that defensive formation accordingly?

You have to indicate if you are preparing for pass or run, but let's say you said pass when your opponent uses wishbone. But then your opponent runs it three times in a row in wishbone (I think, maybe it's four). On the next play they are in wishbone, your defense will switch to run.

Another important thing to know here is also related to the coaches. If your Coaches have high experience they even might consider switching from 3-3-5 against the pass to 5-3-3 against the rush after 2 plays if your opponent rushes 2 times in a row with Wishbone. So the coaches also have an impact here. By not having coaches, they will switch harder.
Please check here in the Manual at Formations and if you scroll down, you will find in the bottom of the page the "Applet" so you can see how the formations align against each other.

ptdoc2017 wrote:
rlawrence wrote:
also, question 2. I kicked a field goal at the end of the 2nd quarter on 2nd down with 52 seconds to go. i checked default and it's set of <1 minute. how much clock run off is there in the sim? should i switch that to <30sec, or even lower?

It depends. If you are leading, it takes like 27-32 seconds to run a play. If you are behind, and there's less than 1:15 in the 2nd or 4th quarter, it takes like 16-20 seconds to run a play

This is tricky. In the 4th quarter you may have <30 seconds to kick the FG, i never seen someone complaining about this. But in the 2nd quarter i would suggest to put it <45 second. I had 2-3 games where my offense had a play between 30-35 second left and they didn't had time to kick the FG. Since then i moved it to <45 seconds in the 2nd quarter.
Quote   Reply   Edit  
rlawrence
Seacoast Cruisers

Usa

Joined: 2024-03-09/S55
Posts: 13
Top Manager



 
posted: 2024-03-24 13:02:22 (ID: 100182462)  Edits found: 1 Report Abuse
Depth Chart question.

The standard depth chart has the same player listed 1st in OT, OG, and C

Does that mean the engine is rotating him through all positions during the game? Of course, there's no way to specifically setup LT LG C RG RT, or is there? How do you guys handle your Oline depth charts?

Last edited on 2024-03-24 13:02:48 by rlawrence

Quote   Reply   Edit  
Chrill
HAMBURG SEA LIONS

Germany   Chrill owns a supporter account

Joined: 2022-08-07/S48
Posts: 743
Top Manager



 
posted: 2024-03-24 13:38:06 (ID: 100182464) Report Abuse
rlawrence wrote:
Of course, there's no way to specifically setup LT LG C RG RT, or is there?

In fact there is. You can manage your starting 11 on offense as well as on defense by the order in which they are set on your depth chart.

If there are two spots for the position that's to be set, on offense the engine sets the player on first place at the left and the second player at the right position. E. g. in your O-Line the player in your Depth Chart at OT set at #1 will be LT, the player at #2 will be RT (or OTL and OTR, as they are called here).

The same goes for defense, only that the players will be set from right do left. E. g. CB #1 on your Depth Chart will be CBR, CB #2 on your Depth Chart will be CBL.

You can see the picking order of the engine in the Manual - - > click (at the bottom of the page, after all the graphics)

rlawrence wrote:
How do you guys handle your Oline depth charts?

Each position has a different player locked as first string. Player A and B as OGL and OGR, Player C and D as OTL and OTR and Player E as C. Behind them I have Player F as substitute for OG, Player G as sub for OT and Player H as sub for C. So overall 8 different players on the Depth Chart for the O-Line
Quote   Reply   Edit  
rlawrence
Seacoast Cruisers

Usa

Joined: 2024-03-09/S55
Posts: 13
Top Manager



 
posted: 2024-03-25 20:54:43 (ID: 100182504) Report Abuse
what 'fitness/sub' percentage settings do you use when you want to use primarily the starters , but get them just a little bit of sub time so they can finish the game strong?
Quote   Reply   Edit  
JohnHW
Leadhills Wonderers

Scotland   JohnHW owns a supporter account

Joined: 2023-03-15/S51
Posts: 199
Top Manager



 
posted: 2024-03-27 22:22:06 (ID: 100182537) Report Abuse
rlawrence wrote:
what 'fitness/sub' percentage settings do you use when you want to use primarily the starters , but get them just a little bit of sub time so they can finish the game strong?


70% produces a pretty even spread across the players so it's lower than that.
Quote   Reply   Edit  
rlawrence
Seacoast Cruisers

Usa

Joined: 2024-03-09/S55
Posts: 13
Top Manager



 
posted: 2024-03-29 11:39:27 (ID: 100182553)  Edits found: 1 Report Abuse
thanks!

Last edited on 2024-03-29 11:40:35 by rlawrence

Quote   Reply   Edit  
rlawrence
Seacoast Cruisers

Usa

Joined: 2024-03-09/S55
Posts: 13
Top Manager



 
posted: 2024-04-02 11:40:37 (ID: 100182643) Report Abuse
Woot, my stadium is maxed, now I'm going after coaches.

Does the Head Coach count towards the 550 CP max?
Quote   Reply   Edit  
Radu91
Constanta Ravens

Romania   Radu91 owns a supporter account   Radu91 acts as Mentor for beginners

Joined: 2022-09-19/S48
Posts: 1266
Top Manager



 
posted: 2024-04-02 11:54:39 (ID: 100182644) Report Abuse
rlawrence wrote:
Woot, my stadium is maxed, now I'm going after coaches.


Congrats

rlawrence wrote:
Does the Head Coach count towards the 550 CP max?


No, the HC is separate from the AC coaches and he will need to have his CP a little higher than your best AC.

Quote   Reply   Edit  
jack6
Leverkusen Leopards

Germany   jack6 owns a supporter account   jack6 is a Knight of RedZoneAction.org

Joined: 2011-09-05/S00
Posts: 7074
Top Manager



 
posted: 2024-04-02 11:55:59 (ID: 100182645) Report Abuse
No, but the HCs CP is the max your ACs can have as max CP, so choose wisely.
And thanks to the CON of a HC and the AC, it's not wise to have say HC CP = 70 and AC CP = 70, since based on CON the calculated CP of a HC can become LESS than 70 and then the AC has also LESS.

Please read the section on my guide on that one.
Quote   Reply   Edit  
reply   Mark this thread unread
Navigation: |<   <   1  2  3  4  5  6  7 >|  
Main / Rookie Area / NOOB Questions About Formations