Community - American Football Management Simulator
AdBlocker active? It seems you are using software to block advertisements. You could help us if you could switch it off when visiting redzoneaction.org. The reason is very simple: Advertisements help us running the site, to offer you the game in a good quality for free. So if you like the game, please support us by purchasing a Supporter Account or disabling the AdBlocker on this site. Thank you very much!
Main / RZA Elite League / Draft S29 Search Forum
Navigation: |<   <   1  2 3  >   >|  
Poster Message
spartans11
posted: 2018-02-14 20:14:32 (ID: 100124137) Report Abuse
Solana_Steve wrote:
19 yo TE...probably the best draftee I've had in a few seasons...but I wonder what the market value for Tight Ends is.

Steve
SD Blitz

I had your kid number 3 on my board. I was surprised he fell that far. Speed and intel, if you sell him I will be bidding.
Quote   Reply   Edit  
spartans11
posted: 2018-02-14 20:16:49 (ID: 100124138) Report Abuse
I ended up with my #9 overall. 19 yr old CB with 52.5 speed and strength 30.6 but at least no cap. He will be a future OLB of FS depending on strength cap.
Quote   Reply   Edit  
skeetz
TigerCats

Canada   skeetz owns a supporter account

Joined: 2016-01-29/S20
Posts: 187
Top Manager



 
posted: 2018-02-14 20:50:51 (ID: 100124142) Report Abuse
#1 on my list DL 50 spd 50 str and brick wall.
Quote   Reply   Edit  
Solana_Steve
San Diego Blitz

Usa   Solana_Steve owns a supporter account   Solana_Steve is a Knight of RedZoneAction.org

Joined: 2011-09-07/S00
Posts: 4974
Top Manager



 
posted: 2018-02-14 21:13:32 (ID: 100124146) Report Abuse
skeetz wrote:
#1 on my list DL 50 spd 50 str and brick wall.


Errr...was my first choice too. :-(


Steve
SD Blitz
Quote   Reply   Edit  
angus
Black Dragons

Usa

Joined: 2012-02-18/S02
Posts: 398
Top Manager



 
posted: 2018-02-14 22:01:09 (ID: 100124157) Report Abuse
I had Jack's pick as my #1. Got #9 on my list. 50 speed with no cap on strength so will be either a MLB or a CB. Happy to get a solid player. Interestingly my pick was the only player left in my top 20. Elite managers draft well.
Quote   Reply   Edit  
Rock777
posted: 2018-02-15 00:17:46 (ID: 100124173)  Edits found: 2 Report Abuse
Solana_Steve wrote:
skeetz wrote:
#1 on my list DL 50 spd 50 str and brick wall.


Errr...was my first choice too. :-(


Steve
SD Blitz


Mine too

My #2 was Jaffa. Kind of surprised more people didn't see him as an Elite prospect Maybe because of the EXP? Hard to pass up a guy with Speed, Strength, Intelligence and Teamwork all north of 48...

Kincaid was #3.

Pujols was #4. Again, no love for Pujols? Just because of the low Talent? Looked like the perfect CB to me, and low talent just mean more points going into Catching for ball hawking.

I had Ndikumana/Cecchinel #5. Probably really a second tier guy with lower teamwork and speed, but still a very strong prospect.

Last edited on 2018-02-15 00:23:22 by Rock777

Quote   Reply   Edit  
detroit
posted: 2018-02-15 00:22:27 (ID: 100124174) Report Abuse
Yes, I'm super happy about getting Mungo Kincaid

Love the name, and he is looking pretty good
Quote   Reply   Edit  
Rock777
posted: 2018-02-15 00:23:52 (ID: 100124175)  Edits found: 1 Report Abuse
detroit wrote:
Yes, I'm super happy about getting Mungo Kincaid

Love the name, and he is looking pretty good


I think he was a steal at #10

My rookies played too well at the end of the season If they had done a better job dropping points, maybe I could have drafted at 10... That's what I get for still using playbooks and not tanking the games

Last edited on 2018-02-15 00:27:56 by Rock777

Quote   Reply   Edit  
Buddy Ryan
posted: 2018-02-15 01:20:29 (ID: 100124176)  Edits found: 2 Report Abuse
Rock777 wrote:
Solana_Steve wrote:
skeetz wrote:
#1 on my list DL 50 spd 50 str and brick wall.


Errr...was my first choice too. :-(


Steve
SD Blitz


Mine too

My #2 was Jaffa. Kind of surprised more people didn't see him as an Elite prospect Maybe because of the EXP? Hard to pass up a guy with Speed, Strength, Intelligence and Teamwork all north of 48...

Kincaid was #3.

Pujols was #4. Again, no love for Pujols? Just because of the low Talent? Looked like the perfect CB to me, and low talent just mean more points going into Catching for ball hawking.


but the consensus #1 player is then also 23 years old - maybe because there were not may better younger options?

I think this year (and thats totally fine, there are better and worse draft classes and I like that) there just wasnt this group of 3-5 guys with great physicals and "clean" all around outlook to clearly separate themselves from the pack. FB Mungo Kincaid would have come closest in my mind, but then do I really put a FB as the #1 overall player on my board? (not that the top of the board really mattered for my pick, but would have loved to get him of course

everyone else on the top of my board had at least some small knock that in another year would have pushed them back into the 2nd tier... also its really a subjective thing in the end, what you look for in certain positions, how you value age, how much XP you can help a young player gain and so on... sometimes you feel you could get lucky on the cap gamble, in others you dont, so weighing that risc might not be an excact science

this year I had about 20 players ranked for the 1st round, in better seasons its up to 30 or more. but those 20 are also consensus it seems, none of them left on the board

Last edited on 2018-02-15 01:30:32 by Buddy Ryan

Quote   Reply   Edit  
WorpeX
posted: 2018-02-15 12:36:14 (ID: 100124209) Report Abuse
Buddy Ryan wrote:
Rock777 wrote:
Solana_Steve wrote:
skeetz wrote:
#1 on my list DL 50 spd 50 str and brick wall.


Errr...was my first choice too. :-(


Steve
SD Blitz


Mine too

My #2 was Jaffa. Kind of surprised more people didn't see him as an Elite prospect Maybe because of the EXP? Hard to pass up a guy with Speed, Strength, Intelligence and Teamwork all north of 48...

Kincaid was #3.

Pujols was #4. Again, no love for Pujols? Just because of the low Talent? Looked like the perfect CB to me, and low talent just mean more points going into Catching for ball hawking.


but the consensus #1 player is then also 23 years old - maybe because there were not may better younger options?

I think this year (and thats totally fine, there are better and worse draft classes and I like that) there just wasnt this group of 3-5 guys with great physicals and "clean" all around outlook to clearly separate themselves from the pack. FB Mungo Kincaid would have come closest in my mind, but then do I really put a FB as the #1 overall player on my board? (not that the top of the board really mattered for my pick, but would have loved to get him of course

everyone else on the top of my board had at least some small knock that in another year would have pushed them back into the 2nd tier... also its really a subjective thing in the end, what you look for in certain positions, how you value age, how much XP you can help a young player gain and so on... sometimes you feel you could get lucky on the cap gamble, in others you dont, so weighing that risc might not be an excact science

this year I had about 20 players ranked for the 1st round, in better seasons its up to 30 or more. but those 20 are also consensus it seems, none of them left on the board



Nice summary. I agree about Kincaid. I had him as my best prospect but I couldn't see myself drafting a FB that high in the draft, especially since its not a position of need for me. I drafted a FB in round one last season which im happy with so that also factored in.

I went for a round 2 gamble at a position of need. TE room is falling apart so I picked up Ahmed Malik early with hope that his strength wasn't capped. Well, I got lucky! 38 str not capped, 47 speed red capped, 48 TW and only 20yr. INT is only 30 but for a round 2 pick im not gonna complain.
Quote   Reply   Edit  
reply   Mark this thread unread
Navigation: |<   <   1  2 3  >   >|  
Main / RZA Elite League / Draft S29